2013 Volkswagen Touareg
This isn’t just a mid-size SUV
The 2013 Volkswagen Touareg isn’t changing much for this year except some new wheels and interior trim, and the lusty diesel TDI model will get a power bump from 225-hp to 240. With the comforts of upper class and the intelligence of Volkswagen- the Touareg offers performance and achievement in body style and engineering. Whether the driver is looking to tow a boat to the lake or dress to the nines for a night on the town, the Volkswagen Touareg offers the affluence and power for all driver needs. Engineered to play safe, and command where it needs to be commanded the Volkswagen Touareg driver will be satisfied and every turn. This beautiful SUV isn’t afraid to get a little dirty as well.
Volkswagen Touareg Features
- The Touareg offers a mid-size crossover SUV with an upscale interior and sophisticated driving dynamics.
- The 3.6L V-6 engine delivers dexterity and tenacity, while offering an EPA-estimated 17/23 highway mpg.
- The available multi-function sport steering wheel has integrated controls for easy access to the entertainment system and other information.
- The optional navigation system puts directions and sound at your fingertips.
- The Touareg is one of the few SUV’s offered in a Hybrid model, giving you luxury, economy, and peace of mind- oh and did we mention it is supercharged?
WHICH TYPE FITS YOU
The Volkswagen Touareg doesn’t mess around. Drivers can choose from the Sport edition giving you the features you would expect from a base model plus a little more. 4MOTION® all-wheel drive system, Bluetooth® with audio streaming, 8-way power adjustable, heated front seats with V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces and the 8-speed Automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and sport mode. A step up from the Sport is the Lux model. Adding onto the already luxurious features- the driver will get classy Burr Walnut interior inlays with wood center console, Power-operated, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and memory, and 12-way power adjustable, heated front seats with driver seat memory, power lumbar support and Vienna leather seating surfaces. The top of the line is the Executive model. Not thinking it can get any better, believe us, it does. 20″ Pikes Peak alloy wheels and the Dynaudio® premium sound system put this Touareg in an upper class of its own. Keyless access with push-button start, Park Distance Control (PDC), and heated rear seats make this Touareg the king of all SUV’s. For those that are more eco-friendly but want the space, and the power the Touareg comes in a Hybrid engine including all the features of the other models.
Volkswagen has created two models of the Touareg to indulge the eco-conscious driver and those looking to save a little on fuel- The TDI clean diesel and the Hybrid! The driver may be asking, a TDI as eco-friendly? Let us break it down for you.
Will TDI engines run on biodiesel?
- All of the new of Volkswagen TDI clean diesel models are warranted to run on a biodiesel blend known as B5, which consists of 5 percent biodiesel and 95 percent petroleum diesel. And by the way, that’s covered by our new car limited warranty.
What are TDI models like to drive?
- Add European-tuned suspensions and you have vehicles that are downright entertaining to drive. For proof of this performance potential you need look no further than the racetrack, where the Jetta TDI has spawned its own racing series known as the Jetta TDI Cup™. The Touareg TDI is no slouch either, having competed in some of the world’s most grueling off-road competitions including the Dakar Rally and the Baja 1000. Not convinced? Watch the Jetta TDI take on the Toyota Prius in a series of performance tests.
Aren’t diesel engines loud, smelly and dirty?
- Actually, quite the opposite. In fact, the powertrains in today’s TDI-powered models have been refined to the point you’d be hard-pressed to notice any difference between them and their gasoline-powered siblings in everyday driving. See for yourself: watch our TDI coffee filter test.
The Touareg Hybrid combines a supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 gas engine with an electric motor for a combined 380-hp and 428 pounds-feet of torque. It can stay in electric mode for speeds up to 31 mph. Towing capacity is 7,716 pounds. Rather than the electrically variable transmissions many hybrids employ, the Touareg Hybrid has a specialized version of the Touareg’s eight-speed automatic
3.6L 280-Hp engine. 17City/23Hwy
TDI 3.0L 240-Hp engine. 20City/29Hwy
Hybrid 3.0L 330-Hp engine. 20City/24Hwy
**Figures are manufacturer estimates
For questions about the current VW Touareg Models, Touareg models coming soon, or any questions in general… please do not hesitate to contact our Internet Team at (801) 285-0334 or simply click the link below to get a quick e-mail response back from our Team.