Volkswagen is proud to announce the pricing for the 2015 eGolf that will be available soon in select U.S. markets. The estimated release date is November 2014 at participating dealerships. The eGolf is VW’s first fully electric, zero tailpipe emmission vehicle in America. Built on the Golf’s sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, and powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery (built in-house at Volkswagen’s Braunschweig facility), the e-Golf follows the Golf’s “fun-to-drive, yet practical” formula, with all of the benefits of an electric vehicle.
Some of the key features of the VW eGolf are:
- Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
- Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
- Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”)
- Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
- 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
- Bluetooth® technology
- Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net® e-Golf app
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- LED headlights
- Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Keyless access
- Heatable front seats
- Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control
The 2015 eGolf is available in 1 Trim.
e-Golf SEL Premium at $35,445
- 115 hp, 199 lb-ft electric motor, 1-speed transmission, 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery; 7.2kW onboard charger; DC fast charging (SAE Combined Charging System); 3 driver-selectable regeneration modes.
- 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Electrically heated windshield; power adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors; rear window wiper and washer system; heated front washer nozzles.
- Touchscreen radio/navigation system w/8 speakers, CD, MDI with iPod® integration, Bluetooth® connectivity, and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio; VW Car-Net®
- Front and rear Park Distance Control; rearview camera.
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
CHECK IN WITH VW SOUTHTOWNE ON RELEASE DATE AND AVAILABILITY!